The school of nursing Discipline Committee is constituted for the maintenance of discipline in the school. The committee will ensure that students obey rules and remain orderly and peaceful in the pursuant of educational objectives/goals in the school community.
To create a safe and motivating environment in our institution and to bring professionalism among students by the inculcation of best practices.
- To have an optimistic approach in imparting discipline among students.
- To frame rules and regulations to maintain discipline in the college premises.
- To encourage Good and Healthy Practices.
- To ensure a calm and peaceful academic atmosphere in the campus.
- To avoid physical confrontation among students.
- To conduct enquiries on report of disciplinary activities among students
- To initiate model actions against students involved in disciplinary activities
- To initiate steps to reduce violence, confrontation in future
RESPONSIBILITIES OF DISCIPLINE COMMITTEE
- To maintain and enforce strict discipline within the college campus.
- All the students should wear their ID Cards while they are in the campus and their respective class rooms.
- To monitor the movement of the students in the school and its premises and prevent students loitering around in the corridors during the college working hours.
- To ensure that all the students attend classes without bunking and prevent them from leaving the school early. Please note that no student can leave the school early without prior permission from the concerned authorities.
- To ensure that students maintain complete silence in the library.
- If any damage is caused to the school property by any student / group of students, the cost of the same will be recovered with a fine from the said student / group of this will be followed by disciplinary action.
- If any indiscipline is found by any of the students, warn them on the first instance. Take disciplinary action based on the rules and regulations of the committee, if the pattern of misconduct continues.
- To assist the school anti-ragging committee in preventing ragging in the school and to spread anti-ragging campaigns throughout the students community.
SPECIFIC BEHAVIOURAL GUIDELINES
- It is impermissible to let the students enter the classroom without uniform.
- It is impermissible to let the students enter the classroom during the breaks.
- It is impermissible to bring cellular phones to the school and hostel premises.
- It is not allowed for any student to leave the classroom without taking permission from the teacher.
- If the subject teacher does not reach his lesson on time or is absent, students must wait inside the classroom.
- Resting, napping or sleeping is not allowed inside the classroom.
- Homework assignments must be done as assigned on time.
- Students are not allowed to throw objects around the school.
- Students respect other’s feelings – no teasing, name calling, swearing, etc.
- Students- respect other’s person – no rough play, fighting, bullying, threats, harassing, etc.
- Students– respect others’ property – no theft, vandalism, etc.
- Keep your school clean just as you would keep your house clean.
- Throw rubbish in the bin, keep the place clean always.
- Arrive to class on time with the necessary equipment.
- Listen to teachers or other students without interruption.
- Complete all assignments on time.
- Treat the teacher and other students with respect.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Respect the property of the college.
- Respect the rights and property of others.
- Act in a safe and responsible manner.
- Girls should put up the hairs neatly.
- The wearing of chains is not permitted.
- Short trousers are not permitted.
- Students may not wear any jewellery especially hanging type earrings