A maternity Nurse is skilled in supporting, caring for and teaching new parents how to care for their newborn baby while also allowing parents the time to rest and recover from the birth of their baby.
Responsibilities of maternity nurse
- Providing maternity nurse services to pregnant women in hospital settings.
- Supporting mothers and their newborns through maternity nursing care.
- Providing maternity nursing services at home or community-based settings.
- Monitoring vital signs including pulse rate and blood pressure while in labor.
- Assisting obstetricians in providing maternity nursing care to mothers and their babies.
- Screening and monitoring new mothers and their babies’ health while under maternity nursing care.
- Instructing and counseling new mothers in handling and breastfeeding their babies.
- Assisting new mothers in bathing, changing and feeding of their babies.
- Answering and resolving maternity issues with pregnant women.
- Ensuring the highest degree of standards in maternity nurse activities
Remuneration – negotiable and based on experience
Facilities -free food and accommodation