Neonatal nurses work in NICUs (neonatal intensive care units), caring for premature newborns and those with birth defects, critical illnesses or other specialized needs.
NICU Nurse Responsibilities:
- Providing round-the-clock care to premature and severely ill newborn infants.
- Caring for the basic needs of infants; for example, feeding and changing diapers.
- Performing medical procedures; for example, inserting intravenous lines, performing tests, and administering medications.
- Assisting the NICU physicians in medical procedures and treatments.
- Using and adjusting specialized medical equipment.
- Formulating nursing plans and evaluating the effectiveness of treatments.
- Comforting ill newborns and anxious parents and family members.
- Offering support to parents and family members and educating them on the at-home care of their newborn.
Remuneration – negotiable and based on experience
Facilities -free food and accommodation