The Sister Tutor is responsible to the Principal, College of Nursing/School of Nursing for organizing and conducting the teaching programme in the School/College of Nursing.
Sister tutor Responsibilities
- Planning of the teaching programme including an orientation programme in consultation with the Principal/Vice Principal
- Planning for students’ practical experience, ward assignments and vacations in consultation with the Principal/Vice Principal.
- Planning of ward teaching programme with the cooperation and collaboration of Principal/Vice Principal
- Preparation for classes and demonstrations, displays of educational material on notice board.
- Teaching of all nursing subjects with assistance from other members of the staff.
- Guiding students in methods of study and use of reference books and library, Individual attention to students when necessary, including individual assignments.
- Conducting of periodical and terminal tests.
- Organizing seminars, panel discussion, debates etc.
- Ensuring that students who go in for examination fulfill all requirements.
- Visiting the hospital wards and departments and other practice fields.
Remuneration – negotiable and based on experience
Facilities -free food and accommodation