Anti Ragging Rules
To root out ragging in all its forms from the Institution by instituting stringent anti-ragging measures and provisions for strict punishments to defaulters.
Ragging is an offence in any form and is totally prohibited in and outside the campus of Ramakrishna mission sevashrama.All students have signed a declaration, with their parent’s counter signature, that they would not indulge in ragging. Printed posters are displayed all over the school campus appealing and warning the students about the punishment that will be meted out to those who indulge in ragging. In the school the faculty have been instructed to keep an eye on the fresher’s. The General Administration has been requested to alert the non-teaching staff, helpers, assistants, and attendants etc. to be vigilant, and report to the authority concerned without personally interfering in the same.
What Constitutes Ragging?
As defined by the UGC, Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such a student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Any act of financial extortion of forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that effects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
PUNISHMENT THAT MAY BE AWARDED FOR RAGGING
Every incident of ragging will be investigated by the Discipline Committee Head who will go into the details and submit all relevant information to the Principal along with their findings and recommendations.
Further, the Discipline Committee of institution headed by principal of School of Nursing, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Committee, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and / or academic privileges
- Debarring from appearing in any test / examination or other evaluation process
- Suspension / expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution
- Fine submission.
ANTI RAGGING MONITORING COMMITTEE
HOSTEL ANTI-RAGGING CELL