Emergency room nurses treat patients who are suffering from trauma, injury or severe medical conditions and require urgent treatment. Since they work in crisis situations, they must be able to quickly identify the best way to stabilize patients and minimize pain.
Responsibilities of emergency room nurse
- Helping staff prioritize care based on the critical nature and severity of a patient’s condition
- Logging vital statistics is a staple responsibility of an emergency room nurse.
- Once prescribed by a doctor, a nurse will be the one to legally administer medicine, whether it is in setting up and priming an intravenous (IV) infusion or handing over pills for swallowing with water.
- Assisting with minor medical procedures as part of the treatment response, helping to stabilize a patient and assisting the doctor with everything from suturing wounds to intubating critical patients.
- Overseeing follow-through on doctor’s orders, from making sure medications are given to checking on completion and results of diagnostic tests that are ordered
Remuneration – negotiable and based on experience
Facilities -free food and accommodation